Amcor Capsules shines a light on its sustainability agenda with new TRANSPARENCE program

Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on facebook

Amcor Capsules, a global leader in developing and producing responsible closures for wine and spirits, recently announced TRANSPARENCE, a new far-reaching sustainability program to support the Wine and Spirits industry.

TRANSPARENCE is a continuous improvement program focused on environmental impact; through which Amcor Capsules will establish clear data-driven objectives and actions to deliver more sustainable closures and capsules. All progress and achievements under this program will be duly verified and certified by independent and expert third parties.

“TRANSPARENCE is a strong commitment that directly supports Wine and Spirits brands and distributors,” Yannick Magnon, Managing Director of Amcor Capsules said. “It is our commitment to continue to offer stronger sustainable solutions in the future, with corresponding environmental impacts and improvements independently verified and certified in the most transparent way. With such a public pledge, we aim to build trust and understanding, and improve standards of sustainability in our industry.”

The TRANSPARENCE sustainability program builds on three strategic pillars – reduce, recycle and respect.

Under the reduce pillar, Amcor Capsules is committed to reduce its carbon footprint by 18% by FY25, compared to FY20. This includes key initiatives such as working closely with its aluminium suppliers to integrate further recycled aluminium and contributing to the Amcor Group commitment to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050 (SBTi commitment). This aligns with the IPCC’s recommendations of limiting global warming to around 1.5°C.

In 2018, in line with the recycle pillar, Amcor Group was the first packaging company to commit to develop all its packaging to be recyclable or reusable by 2025. Today, 96% of Amcor Capsules’ portfolio is already recycle-ready, and research and development teams at Amcor are constantly working to convert the remaining 4% of our products into recycle-ready solutions.

Finally, regarding respect, Amcor Capsules ensures that respect for the planet shapes its roadmap. All Amcor Capsules Plants* send zero production waste to disposal and are located near historic wine and spirits production areas, ensuring better respect of the transportation chain.

Amcor ensures that every part of its supply chain is respected. Throughout the year, Amcor discloses safety and sustainability data related to our operational footprint at the request of customers, investors, ratings agencies, and the broader public. These platforms include EcoVadis and SEDEX. Amcor holds the EcoVadis Gold Certification. This certification, based on four criteria (Environment, Labor & Human Rights, Ethics, and Sustainable Procurement) recognises Amcor as part of top 5% of companies evaluated.

TRANSPARENCE is a live and continuous improvement sustainability program designed to support and benefit Wine and Spirits brands and distributors. It will be delivered in close collaboration with Amcor Capsules’partners and third parties, and it will be regularly updated with progress, achievements, and new objectives.

For more information, visit: